CategoryAbout Companies

What is GDPR and how will it affect my company?


Big data has completely revolutionised the way companies do business. Thanks to rapid IT developments, companies now have unprecedented access to information about their clients, customers, marketing leads and everything in between. It’s fantastic for business owners attempting to improve their services and strengthen sales – which is why a staggering 85% of companies are trying to become more...

What is a registered office and why do I need one?


The requirement to provide a registered office during the company formation process causes quite a bit of confusion! What is it? Why do I need one? Where can it be? Can I use my home address? If you wish to register a limited company or Limited Liability Partnership (LLP), you must supply a registered office address during the company formation process. This is a legal requirement as per Part 6...

Memorandum and Articles of Association for UK limited companies


The memorandum and articles of association are two essential documents required to set up a limited company in the UK. They are both a matter of public record. The memorandum of association is a single-page document that record the names of the founding shareholders or guarantors and their formal agreement to become members of the company. If you are setting up a limited by shares company, the...

Getting a replacement certificate of incorporation for a limited company


When you register a company through a company formation agent or directly with Companies House, a certificate of incorporation will be sent to you online or by post (depending on the method of registration used). This is an important document that you will require at various points throughout the life of your company. We are contacted on a regular basis by many concerned company owners who have...

Contacting HMRC when you set up a new limited company


When you register a new limited company or Limited Liability Partnership in the UK, Companies House will tell HMRC that it has been incorporated. Soon afterward, you should receive a letter from HMRC at your registered office address. This letter will contain form CT41(G) ‘Corporation Tax – Information for New Companies’. It will include your company’s 10-digit Unique Taxpayer Reference...