Company Name Change Service £49.99 +VAT
You can change the name of your limited company at any time after incorporation. Quality Formations provides a professional service to change your company name on your behalf. This can usually be done within 3 working days, subject to Companies House workload.
We will prepare and file the NM01 form at Companies House, and also provide all related documents such as a resolution, minutes and certificate of name change.
What's included in our price?
- Companies House fee of £8.00.
- Completion and filing of the NM01 form, which is used to notify Companies House of a change of name.
- Minutes - The directors should pass minutes to change company name and file the Minutes in their company records.
- Resolution - Existing shareholders must agree to change the name of the company by signing a special resolution.
- Digital Certificate of Name Change.
How it works:
- Click on the ‘Order’ button.
- Enter the required details and proceed to checkout.
- You will receive digital documents in 1-2 working days by email, including the meeting minutes and the special resolution.
- You will need to sign the special resolution and minutes and return to our offices by email or post.
- Once the signed documents are received, we will file the request for a company name change electronically, and the name change should be approved within 1-2 working days (however, this is dependent on Companies House workload and may take longer).
- You will then receive a certificate of name change by email and by post.
Frequently asked questions
How long will it take to change my company name?
It usually takes around 3-4 working days in total to change a company name on the Companies House register. We will send you digital documents to sign within 1-2 working days, by email. Once you have signed and sent them back via email or post, it will take 1-2 working days for your company name to change with Companies House.
Will my company registration number change if I change my company name?
No. This will remain the same.
How do I correct a spelling mistake in my company name?
If you simply made a spelling mistake when you registered your company name, you will be required to process a change of company name order to correct the mistake.
Can I change the ‘Limited’ part of my company name to ‘plc’ using the name change service?
No. This change requires you to re-register your private limited company to a plc using form RR01. For further reading click here.
I want to use a sensitive word in my new company name, what do I need to provide?
You will need to provide supporting evidence or a letter of non-objection from the relevant authority to support your application. Please forward this documentation to us by email at your earliest convenience.
When a sensitive word is included in the new company name, we will be required to order your company name change by post, and the whole process will take between 5 to 10 working days.
Will I receive a new certificate of incorporation and company documents?
No. Your original certificate of incorporation will remain intact and will be supplemented with a certificate of company name change. The memorandum will not change, as this lists the subscribers to the company on the day it was formed.
In many respects, the memorandum becomes a document of historical significance, through the passage of time.
Free pre-submission review
with all new company applications
From £14.99 +VAT
Over 10 years of
256 bit encryption
3 to 6 hour