Appoint or Remove a Director
We offer a professional service for clients who wish to appoint or resign directors, including the filing of the Companies House forms and all other paperwork necessary to keep your company records up-to-date and compliant.
What's included in our price?
- Appointment or resignation letter: An appointment letter from the new director stating that he accepts to be appointed to the board of directors, or a resignation letter from the existing director stating that he would like to resign as a director.
- Minutes: Companies are required by Companies Act 2006 s. 248 to maintain minutes of all meetings of the directors, and for these to be available for the inspection by any director. The director(s) should pass minutes to appoint or resign director(s).
- AP01 form/ TM01 form: AP01 form notifies Companies House of the appointment of an individual as a director of your company. TM01 form notifies Companies House of the termination of an individual or corporate director.
How it works:
- Select ‘Order’ above.
- Enter the required details and complete the application form.
- Checkout and pay.
- We will file the required form electronically with Companies House to appoint or resign a director.
- You will receive notification that the appointment or resignation has been approved at Companies House, a VAT invoice and a copy of your digital documents in 2-3 working days, by email.
- Updated Statutory Registers are not included.
- Printed documents are not included, but are available for an additional fee.
- 1 appointment/resignation per order.
Frequently asked questions
How many directors does a limited company require?
Every limited company must have at least one director. If a limited company has only one director, that director must be a natural person.
Are directors also shareholders?
Directors do not have to be shareholders. Their role is to run the company, so there is no requirement to also be an owner if they do not wish to be; however, if existing shareholders do want to offer shares to the directors, this is perfectly acceptable and fairly common.
What is a company director’s role?
Directors are appointed by the owners of a company (shareholders or guarantors) to ‘direct’ the day-to-day activities of the company on their behalf. They are responsible for ensuring the smooth running and management of a company, by adhering to all legal and contractual requirements, and making the company successful and profitable.
When will my documents will be ready?
Documents will be sent to you by email in 2-3 working days, once all required information is provided.
What information do I need to provide to appoint a new director?
- Full Name
- Date of Birth (Minimum 16 years of age)
- Residential Address
- Service Address (residential or other address)
- Appointment Date
Who appoints a company director?
Limited company members can appoint or resign a director whilst setting up a limited company - or any time thereafter.
Free pre-submission review
with all new company applications
From £12.99 +VAT
Over 10 years of
256 bit encryption
3 to 6 hour