Issue Shares in a Limited Company
Does your limited company need to create shares that can then be passed on to new or existing shareholders? With this service, we’ll take care of all the necessary steps that are required to add new shares into a company - shares that can then be issued to individuals or corporate bodies.
Important: While the new number of shares in the company will update on the public register at Companies House, the details of who holds the newly issued share(s) will not be updated on the register until a confirmation statement has been filed. Clients who require the public record to immediately reflect who the new shareholders are and how many shares they hold should file a Confirmation Statement with Companies House. This may be necessary if you are seeking to open a bank account.
A confirmation statement can be prepared and submitted as part of this service, at an extra cost of £24.99.
What's included in our price?
We will prepare the following documentation:
- Application Letter: All shareholders wishing to buy new shares should sign a letter addressed to the company, applying for new shares, and agreeing to take them.
- Special Resolution (where applicable): If a company is issuing more shares to a new shareholder, the existing shareholder(s) must pass a special resolution.
- Meeting Minutes: Companies are required by Companies Act 2006 s.248 to maintain minutes of all meetings of the directors, and for these to be available for inspection by any director.
- Return of Allotment of Shares (Form SH01): This form is used to increase the share capital of a company, and it must be completed and delivered to Companies House within one month of any issue of shares.
- Share Certificate(s): Companies are required to issue share certificates to shareholders.
How it works:
- Click on the ‘Order’ icon.
- Complete the short form.
- Make payment.
- A company expert will prepare an SH01 form and file this at Companies House.
- We will email your share certificate(s), application letter, board resolution and meeting minutes within 2-3 days.
- You will need to sign the special resolution and return this to us. We will then submit this to Companies House.
- A confirmation statement will be filed at Companies House to record the share transfer(s) - if this additional service has been purchased.
- Updated Statutory Registers are not included.
- Documents will be delivered by email. Printed documents are available for an additional fee.
- Changes will not be visible on public record until Form SH01 and a confirmation statement are filed at Companies House.