QualityCompanyFormations.co.uk (which in this document may also be referred to as the ‘Web site’, ‘Site’, ‘web site’, or ‘web site’), uses ‘cookies’ to help us improve our services. Any person who uses this web site is in agreement with the cookies outlined in this policy. Cookies may be deactivated and restricted at any time, and this will not affect the effective running or your access and usage of the web site. Cookies are not used to collect any of your private data – this only occurs if you decide to provide such information.
1. What is a cookie?
2. What is the purpose of cookies?
- tracing the number of visitors to a web site and specific web pages.
- retaining usernames and passwords.
- saving addresses for billing and shipping purposes.
- retaining credit and debit card details.
- saving log-in details and keeping users logged in to web sites.
- storing items in online shopping carts that have yet to be purchased.
- monitoring transactions.
- studying movements and user conduct.
- enhancing goods, services and transmissions.
- showing adverts that will interest the user e.g. cookies will remember previous online purchases and browser history of users’ favourite shops to advertise similar products.
- gauging the usefulness of adverts and web browsing.
- augmenting web sites for easier navigation.
- improving and promoting products and services.
3. What cookies does Quality Company Formations use?
The cookies that we use are defined by The International Chamber of Commerce (UK) as Performance Cookies. This type of cookie gathers nameless data about the way any guests to QualityCompanyFormations.co.uk use the web site. The cookies may involve, but are not limited to:
- tracking the pages that are most commonly visited.
- recording the quantity of consumers who click on internal links or those from third parties.
- measuring how much time users spend on a page.
- tracking the sales generated per page.
- identifying which pages brought users to our Web site, if applicable.
Google Analytics cookies are used on this Web site, including:
Cookie Name Cookie Description Cookie Expiration __utma A Google Analytics cookie that monitors the number of times you visit this web site and records the duration of the first, previous and current visit. 2 years __utmb A Google Analytics cookie that monitors your actions on our web site during each visit. 30 mins __utmc A Google Analytics cookie which measures interoperability. Session __utmd A Google Analytics cookie which retraces the steps of how you got to this web site. 6 months
4. Do these cookies allow you to spy on users?
- No. Performance Cookies do not retain any private information that can recognise an individual user. These cookies are only used to monitor the activity of different users.
5. How do I remove or change these cookies?
Cookies can be removed from your Internet browser whenever you wish. Browsers can also be adjusted to suit your preferences, allowing you to activate or deactivate certain cookies routinely. There is also an option to be alerted each time your computer receives a cookie so that you can admit or refuse the cookies where appropriate. Please note:
- deleted cookies may slow down your future admittance to web sites as data will be lost.
- rejected cookies may prevent you from accessing certain areas of the web site or hinder your access to interactive tools or facilities.
6. How to restrict cookies on your web browser
- Click on the Safari menu tab.
- Select Preferences
- Select the Security tag
- Beneath the Accept Cookies command, apply accept, reject, or selectively accept cookies
- Select Tools in the menu option
- Select Options...
- Select Privacy tag in the top tab
- On the pull-down box, choose Use custom setting for history
- Un-tick the option that reads Accept Cookies from Sites
- Select OK and exit
Internet Explorer 7.0+
- Select Tools in the menu option
- Click the Options button
- Select the Privacy button on the top tab
- Select the Advanced button
- Click Prompt for the First-Party cookies as well as Third-Party Cookies
- Click OK and exit
Google Chrome 8.0+
- Select Tools Menu
- Click on Options
- Select the Under the Bonnet tab
- Select Cookie Setting tab and check the Block all third-party cookies without exception option
You can read more about cookies by visiting http://www.aboutcookies.org/.