VAT Registration Service
We will prepare and submit your UK VAT registration application to HMRC, and send you confirmation of your VAT Registration Number by email once your application has been successful. HMRC will supply the Certificate of VAT Registration by post.
VAT is charged on most of goods and services provided by VAT-registered businesses in the UK, who are able to reclaim VAT paid on the goods and services they buy.
Any company that is trading can register for VAT, even if their turnover is less than the VAT threshold of £85,000. Most companies register for VAT on a voluntary basis as this provides the perception of being established with a large turnover.
The cost of our VAT Registration Service is £39.99 +VAT.
How it works:
- Click on the ‘Order’ button
- Enter the required details and proceed to checkout
- You will receive an email containing a link to complete our online VAT questionnaire
- Complete the VAT questionnaire online
- We will submit your VAT application to HMRC, and within 5-7 working days they will email you a 15-character application reference code
- Once approved, your Certificate of VAT Registration and VAT Registration Number will be sent to you by HMRC by post, to your principal place of business
- Preparation and submission of your VAT registration application to HMRC by a VAT application expert
- Access to a VAT registration expert to answer questions you may have
- Your VAT Registration Number and Certificate of VAT Registration, sent to you by post
- Instructions on how to create your own HMRC Government Gateway account to activate your VAT registration online, sent to you by email
Frequently asked questions
Does my company have to register for VAT?
A limited company is required to register for VAT when its taxable turnover for the previous 12 months exceeds the £85,000 VAT registration threshold or is expected to exceed the VAT threshold in the next 30 days.
Can my company voluntarily register for VAT?
Yes. As long as your company is not listed as dormant, it can voluntarily register for VAT. There are numerous benefits of being VAT registered. For example, most companies register for VAT voluntarily, as VAT-registered companies are perceived to be larger than ones who are not.
VAT-registered companies are also able to reclaim VAT paid on goods and services they buy, saving them money in tax payments.
How long will it take for my company to be registered for VAT?
It usually takes around 30 - 40 days for your company to be registered for VAT, although this timescale can vary significantly due to HMRC’s workload.
HMRC will post your Certificate of VAT Registration and VAT Registration Number to your principal place of business shortly thereafter.
Do I need to provide any specific information to apply for VAT?
If you are a UK resident director, you will need to provide your National Insurance number. If you are non-UK resident director, you will need to provide one piece of photographic ID (either a passport or driving licence) and two pieces of secondary evidence from the following list:
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate
- Utility bill dated within the last 3 months
Can I use your Covent Garden address for the principal place of business address?
Your principal place of business address is the address your company does the majority of its work from. It must be based in the UK and it cannot be listed our address, as your company will not carry out the majority of its work from our address.
How long does it take to get my EORI Number if I apply for it in my UK VAT registration application?
The EORI Number will be sent by email to you directly from HMRC, a few days after your VAT Registration Number has been sent to you. You should therefore receive your EORI Number about 35 days after you place your order.
I am a sole trader, can I use this service?
This service is only for use by limited companies registering for VAT.