Certificate of Good Standing
A certificate of good standing can be obtained from Companies House to verify that a limited company’s statutory filing obligations are up-to-date, and no action is being taken against the company to remove it from the register. It also confirms the continuous existence of the company, since its incorporation date.
If you wish to apply for a certificate of good standing, your private limited company must have a minimum of one director who is a natural person.
Please note: Due to changes to the Small Business Enterprise and Employment Act on 30th June 2016, you will no longer be able to order Certificates of Good Standing with information on shareholders, shareholdings or statement of capital information.
Buy a certificate of good standing
Standard Service£89.99 +VAT
Certificate issued within 5 working days. Free worldwide delivery by Royal Mail Special Delivery or International Tracked and Signed mail. Premium courier delivery is also available at an additional charge.
Express Service£139.99 +VAT
Certificate issued within 24 hours. Orders must be placed by 1pm (Monday - Friday). Free worldwide delivery by Royal Mail Special Delivery or International Tracked and Signed mail. Premium courier delivery is also available at an additional charge.
How it works:
- Click ‘Order’ and complete the application form.
- Checkout and pay.
- We will order the Certificate from Companies House.
- When we receive it, we will post it to you free of charge by Royal Mail Special Delivery or International Tracked and Signed mail. Premium courier delivery is also available at an additional charge.
Frequently asked questions
Why would I need a Certificate of Good Standing?
Most companies request a certificate when they are planning to do business overseas or are seeking a loan or investment. The possession of the certificate reassures third parties that a company and its officers are reliable and adhering to their legal obligations.
How long is it valid for?
Your certificate will be valid for 3 months from the day of issue, after which time a more up-to-date certificate will be required.
What does the Certificate show?
The following company information will be shown on the Certificate of Good Standing:
- Registered company name in full.
- Company registration number.
- Incorporation date.
- Confirmation that the company has been in continuous and unbroken existence since incorporation.
- Authorising signature of the issuing registrar.
You may also request the inclusion of additional information, including:
- Registered office address.
- Directors’ details.
- Secretary’s details.